Wednesday, April 8, 2015

journal - three seasons

 ..










































How do you begin writing when it has been so many months? It is as a family journal that I have most missed keeping this space, and also there are my so very dear friends that I do not like being so disconnected from them either. Although the real letter writing has been so nice.

It seems I have even forgotten how to use a keyboard well, so many typos in my first paragraph, slow going… Maybe that's how my return will be. Probably.

Elsa is of course asleep as I write this.

Elsa is maybe not really a baby anymore, if I have to say that, though I never do. She likes being a baby, but she likes being a big girl too. She says "me baker helper", and we bake bread together.

All our girls are growing. So, so much.

And three full seasons now we have made our home on our land, where good husband is building our little cabin, wood milled from our own trees, shelter for our family.

Now spring…


...

12 comments:

Maman d'amour said...

Bonjour Renee, so nice to read you and see the beautiful pictures. I'm glad you are back and doing well. The kids and I missed your posts. : ) Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy spring season! Marie, Juliette and Simon xox

* said...

Hello Renee,

so glad your are back, I missed you so much.
Your pictures of the girls and what is to see from your land is wonderful. I hope you stayed warm through the winter...
Today is my older daughters 13th birtday. What a beautiful gift too you are back today.

Heike

Sarah-Our Island Home said...

Glad to read you again! It all looks very happy! Love, Sarah xox

Mama Shara said...

Wow! So happy to see your blog post this morning! Your cabin really looks like it's coming along. Your happy smiling girls - Elsa has grown so big!

X

Unknown said...

Hello beautiful friend. The children have grown so much, a little Elsa is simply adorable, I wish I could give her a little cuddle. Love to see the photos. I wish I could find the time to make more posts, it's hard. Facebook seems easier these days. Big kiss to you all.xxxx

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh sweet dear Renee,
I have letters to write and things to mail you...
Thank you for writing here and sharing some photos -your sweet Elsa is just adorable. And the glimpse inside your cabin looks beautiful!
What a blessing.
I hope it is bringing you peace and beauty, and I know it is and will be filled with love.
Love, Tonya

Melody said...

They are growing so big! And such beauties too! The house looks like it's coming along. I love the rustic tree posts, etc. Everyone looks happy and healthy and well. It's so good to hear from you dear lady!

Old Gates Farm said...

Nice to hear from you. Fenna is the same--our baby, but not quite our baby anymore. ;) I can't wait to hear more about your cabin! happy spring to you!

Christine said...

So nice to hear from you dear Renee, and see your beautiful pictures! Elsa's sweater is just lovely : )

Samantha Tara said...

Oh, Renee! It is so good to see how well you are all doing (: Your land - your lovely home - beautiful children so happy and rosy! Please keep visiting 'your space' and sharing. xo

Марина said...

Hello!
I love your blog very much, once I stumbled on one breath read it all! You have a lovely girls, and you - a wonderful mother. I hope that you will continue to write! Sorry for my English

Amélie said...

Dear Renee,
this is so nice to see you back here. Your beautiful girls haev indeed grown up a lot!
The view from your wooden house is like a dream (and I have always been dreaming of a wooden house). I love Elsa's sweater and bonnet.
I'm looking forward for more about your new house and life on your land.
Happy spring!