Sunday, July 26, 2009

wild berries and wonderful books

These were sitting on the kitchen counter when I came upstairs this morning. Wild raspberries that Jason harvested at work the day before. There will be more to come! And wild strawberries too. Hooray! We had raspberry pancakes for lunch!

The girls and I had a nice quiet day. Read the last three chapters of Little House on the Prairie. I find it very hard to pace ourselves with those books. Maybe because I feel like I have been waiting my whole life to read them with my daughters! The girls also did a lot of drawing today. These are their pictures inspired by Little House in the Big Woods.

It rained all last night and much of today too. I won't mind if it continues all week!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Renee,
I am visiting your blog for the first time and it is beautiful! I love the freshly picked berries and we also adore the Little House books and read them over and over... Your grade 2 fables post is lovely... I will definately visit often.

Warmly

Linda

Tahara said...

I also can't wait to read those Little House books!...We are starting with "Farmer Boy"...Now you make me want to start over the summer :-)