Wednesday, February 26, 2014

bits of makings...

































I told you she loved her little book! Loved to pieces, it has now been taped and glued back together, will hopefully stand up to more kisses and cuddles.

Do you know Piecework magazine? It is a love of mine. I first came across it at a california bookstore when I was in my early twenties (age determined by the date of my first issues which are from 1996) I carried around my few precious copies for years and years, somehow never thinking to see if the magazine continued publishing more wonderful issues. Then a few years ago I happened upon such an exciting find, a whole stack of free back issues!! Since then more old copies have been collected (I think most back issues are now archived digitally and only available that way, which I have no interest in, so I seek out used print copies…)

Handwork and history, old photographs, inspired projects. The Ellis Island issue in the photo is Chloe's favorite. Perhaps I can show peeks of the magazine over time, there is so so much to love…

Oh, and another special thing is my current knitting project, a cardigan for myself. Crocus, but plain, no stripes, long sleeves, buttons all the way down the front. I am maybe 2 inches below the arm dividing. I have no idea if this sweater will be finished spring, summer, autumn? No matter when, the weather around here is almost always suitable for cardigan wearing. The cardigan I have been dreaming of knitting forever... (probably since around the same time as my piecework magazine discovery, california thrift shops, a hooded orange cardigan, with pockets, it was so perfect, and very likely the time when the seeds of knitting dreams where planted in my mind…)

(I just did a quick search and see that I have mentioned that thrifted orange sweater before, and it didn't have a hood, I just wished it did.) (Only one out 4 cardigans that I have knitted ended up with a hood…)


Other bits of making…

Fun sewing for my swap match (joined Amanda)…

And!!! Tiny cabin making!!! (Or starting at least…)


There is no need to apologize for posting excessive amounts of baby pictures on ones own blog, is there? I hope not…


~ Joining friends Nicole and Ginny ~


...

13 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I haven't read Piecework, but will have to keep an eye out for it.
Your wee one is so adorable and it is so sweet that she loves her book so much.

steph said...

no need to apologize…especially when she is so darn CUtE!!!
I, too, LOVE Piecework!!! I've only made a few things from it…but love the indepth history lessons each issue gives!

Donna said...

Piecework is a great magazine. It's hard to find around here these days. I could just squeeze those baby cheeks!

Jules said...

Oh, Renee...I am so intrigued by a lot here (you are being oh so very mysterious)! What is piecework about? A log cabin (quilt, I think) for who? And, what cardi pattern? Now I shall wait and wait to hear...And no, those photos of little Elsa are never enough ~ keep them coming!!!!
xo Jules

Mama Shara said...

Elsa is so sweet! Did you make her pants, Renee? I need to make some nice high ones for my Caspian, before our winter comes.

Lori ann said...

oh dear how can i think clearly and comment when i see this precious baby kissing and rolling around with her beloved book!!? eeps! SO cute!

love the magazine, what a find all those issues! and can't wait to see your new cardigan! lots to love here today dear renee.

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh she is just the sweetest, Renee, but of course you already knew that!
So excited about your little home!

Old Gates Farm said...

Love all of these... especially the photos of your little one in her longies. :) Seeing photos of her with her little book is like looking at Fenna. And I meant to comment, if I didn't already, that Elsa was on the top of my baby name list!

Looking forward to seeing your cardigan!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Crocus for you! Hooray!
Oh, that precious little one, you cannot possibly show too many photos. My favorite is when she wears her green longies and white wool top. :) My Cedar had mama made longies in a color maybe just the same as that so it makes me smile.
Tiny cabin making!
I did not get to call you this week! I did not have a moment! I will try this coming week, I miss you!

Amélie said...

Dear Renee,
Little Elsa is so sweet, I don't think i could ever have enough of her gaze and little face. I also love her green trousers.
This cabin is a very courageous project (we have promissed one to Elsa in our little garden, but did not start it yet !). I'm looking forward for more or it...
I dd not know about PieceWork which seems a wonderful magazine. I'll probably order a few issues.
Have a joyful week end,
Amélie

Nicole Vangen said...

How wonderful to make something for yourself Renee! I so often forget about myself.

xo, Nicole

Elizabeth said...

Baby pics always appreciated here! Please can you point me towards the pattern for those longies? They look great!

AMB said...

สล็อตออนไลน์ ambbet เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์น้องใหม่มาเเรง สล็อตเว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ เว็บสล็อตที่ทันสมัย ด้วยระบบมาตรฐานสากล ลื่นไหล เสถียร ค่ายสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นนำเล่นได้ทุกเกม อัพเดทเกมใหม่ให้เล่นก่อนใคร มีเกมสล็อตเเละเกมอื่นๆ ให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 1000 เกม เล่นง่าย ไม่ต้องโหลดปั่นสล็อตผ่านเว็บ ambbet.game ได้ทุกที่ ทุกเวลา เปิดให้บริการ 24 ชั่วโมง.