Thursday, October 1, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Kreativblogger

My dear friend Sara at Farmama has passed on this Kreativ Blogger award to me. Recipients are supposed to do the following...

1. Copy the award to your site.

2.Link to the person to whom you received the award.

3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.

4. Link to those sites on your blog.

5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.

.....and you are also to list 7 things about yourself.


I do wish I could just pass this back to Sara! Such a creative, hard working, truly good person she is! But there are certainly others...


  1. Heather at Shivaya Naturals
Her blog is so full of warmth, as is the home she has created for her family. Her knitting is amazing, and I wish we didn't live at apposite ends of our state so that we could spend some time sewing together!


2. Nicole at Gardenmama

I was just in awe the first time I saw Nicole's blog. The images she captures with her camera, and the images she creates with her words, are absolutely breathtaking. The correspondence we have shared the last couple months has warmed my heart. Thank you Nicole!


3. Suzanne at Down in the Meadow

There is so much prettiness and festivity happening over at Suzanne's. Even the every day moments at her home are filled with beauty. She always has such kind words to share, and brings a smile to my face.


4. Cadi at MaeheGirl

Talented and funny. She makes me laugh! And offers homeschooling encouragement. Inspiring!


5. Sarah at In These Hills

As soon as I read her Michaelmas post this week I knew I would have to include her here! Her words gave me strength when I so very much needed it.


6. Kelly at Free Flowing Ways

Nature goodness, crafting greatness, homeschooling happiness!


7. Well, I am thinking I cannot choose just one more. I'm sure we can all agree that there are just too many amazing women doing wonderful things around here, in their homes, for their families! If I read your blog it is because you are creative, inspiring, loving, a good mother, a wonderful artist... a generous person who is sharing a part of yourself and has inspired me to do the same!



I guess that means it is now time for me to share 7 things about myself...

1. I am originally from California. I was born in the Los Angeles area and lived there when I was very young, but then we moved north to Carmel. I love fog, ferns, trees, the ocean, and fairytale-like cottages. I desperately miss my home town and find it somewhat unfair that I cannot move back home, seeing as how it is one of the most expensive places in the country to live. I can visit though... hopefully soon!

2. I first came to Colorado in 1995. So I guess this is my home now. I love rivers, mountains, spruce and fir trees. And aspens. I love to watch the snow fall, I love to see the forest covered in snow. But I do not always love the snow. And I won't drive in the snow. Fortunately Jason is from Ohio and is an expert winter weather driver.

3. I like to be at home, and I like to be with my family. I really don't feel the need to get out much, except for out into the forest! Jason is the same way, (except for he feels the need to get out and go skateboarding too), and the girls also are happy to live a very home centered life. Therefore we need to make an effort to make sure that we do get out sometimes!

4. Both of our girls were born at home. Homebirth, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, cloth diapering... all of these things are/were a very important part of our life, they are just a bit in the past now and so not something I have really mentioned here before.

5. I love homeschooling. I also believe very passionately in Waldorf education. If there was an established Waldorf school nearby and we had the option of attending it would be a very, very difficult decision.

6. I taught myself to sew when I was about 19 years old. More than 17 years ago! I still have pieces of the fabrics that I first bought all those years ago, but not many of the things I ever made. I had a bad habit of making dresses, wearing them for a while, then deciding I would rather have a skirt and cutting them in half! I have also made and sold many dresses, probably more than 200! This was in the days long before etsy or anything like that, it was very hard to do and I eventually took a break. A very long break. I am still waiting to get started again, cause now there is this thing called etsy you know... (I also make all Chloe's and Chessa's dresses and skirts, and much of their other clothing too.)

7. I have been vegan for 16 years. Jason too, we both already were when we met. Also not something I have mentioned here much yet, not sure why. Maybe I will start sharing some recipes some time, cause after so many years of cooking and baking every meal for my family I seem to have become kind of good at it. I must warn you though, don't be surprised if someday you find me discussing our strange desire to have chickens. (Which for now is not accompanied by a desire to eat eggs.) You know it took us several years to decide to use wool, so maybe in ten years, our own chickens...


Okay, I did it! Now I think I shall take a break here for just a bit. I'll be back next week after spending some days doing nothing but enjoying the love of my reunited family!

10 comments:

sarah said...

So lovely to learn more about you. And thank you for the links - several of those I did not know before. I've got some fun reading ahead of me tonight. :-)

Cadi said...

Thanks for the award. :-) I will be sure to post about it over the weekend. :-)

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

wonderful! Makes me a little sad...someone passed the award on to me and I never followed up completely :(
We go back and forth being vegan. We are mostly vegan but we do like seasonal eggs and cheese.
i lived in Ohio too.
I hope you are enjoying your fall as well :)Many blessings....

Heather said...

Wow, I am just blown away. Thank you for the award, thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to blog about this tomorrow.

Renee, we have so much in common, it is uncanny. The boys and I will have to make it up to see you and the girls one of these days :)

Thank you again

* * said...

Dear Renee,
It has been such a pleasure getting to know you! Our emails warm my heart as well : )
Your sweet and gentle spirit shines through on your blog and I really love to hear and see glimpses of your family life. Your family exudes love, creativity and connectedness! I am honored that you chose to include me here, thank you! Warmly, Nicole xo

Marina said...

Congratulations on a well deserved award :)

Will be thinking of your joyful reunion and heart healing time together as a family this weekend

xoxo, M

farmama sara said...

Renee,
I loved reading the seven things about you....even though I already knew them. You have a good way of putting things! I am also excited to check out the blogs of the ladies you chose! I know you will enjoy having your family whole again! Happy weekend to you all....and lets get together soon....before October passes by! How about a walk in the woods?
Love, Sara

Nicola said...

i just linked here through marina's blog, a small tribe! i am going to have to link through to some of the blogs you mentioned, although i agree with you already about nicole and garden mama! i have also visited heather's shivaya naturals and agree!
it is nice to happen on your blog on such a "get to know you" post! we share some tendencies, i think!
you have a lovely blog.
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for the award. I haven't been ignoring it, I've been pondering what I want to say!

Kelly said...

Dear Renee,
I am honoured that you included me in the blog award. Thank you! I also really loved reading the seven things about you. I always love visiting your blog and glimpsing the beautiful area you live in and reading about your wonderful close, loving family ways. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend with your reunited family.
Richest blessings
Kelly