Wednesday, May 22, 2013

visiting the flowers...

..















































I mentioned last time that we had a visit with our old friend/neighbor/neighborhood. And the flowers. The girls always look forward to visiting our friend and her flowers.



~ I cannot help but notice that one child is dressed for a chilly spring morning and the other is wearing a sundress. A sundress that I made for her when she was maybe 3 or 4. She is wishing it would fit her forever...

I also notice she has no socks on.

Which reminds me of a conversation on the way to the land the other day...

"Chessa, did you remember socks?
"Yep. One's clean and the other one's dirty, but they match, and they're both wool."
"Oh." ("Ha ha ha!") "Good."



Behind that wooden fence is where the house that Chloe was born in used to be.

(Burned down in a huge area forest fire, I think it was about 11 years ago, we had just moved out of the house 2 months before. Several other houses on the road burned down, our dear neighbor was fortunately spared...)

Behind the more open part of the fence, where the girls are looking back towards, is where we had our garden.

I see the little dirt road where I walked so often with little baby Chloe.


And now I hear little baby Elsa waking in bed.

Last night I had a slumber party with my eldest and youngest.
The youngest just slept. Eldest and I had a sewing night.

Sweet middle child and her daddy had a special campout at the land.

Cause sweet middle child has only a couple more days of being 8 years old.

Oh my!

Better get finished with the morning chores so I can get back to birthday dress sewing!


...

4 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Renee, you will have a 9 year old again!
My girl had things to wear when she was Chessa's age which she loved and had worn since she was about 4. For a while there, she seemed to only grow upwards!
How terribly sad about that house burning.
I love all of this- the girls pretty clothes! That little Elsa and her bright face!
HUGS! Love you, Mel

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Such sweet pictures Renee.

Nicole Vangen said...

Hi, Renee, what a beautiful family you have. I look forward to getting o know you better in Lisa 's group. I really loved you needle felted family portrait. I also saw another pretty one on our shelf. Do you do tutorials? I love wet felted but us learn to needle felt like you.

I also liked that you said you were shy. I am a huge introvert but one would never notice that on the Internet. Hah!

See you at Lisa's, Nicole

Nicole Vangen said...

Hi, Renee, what a beautiful family you have. I look forward to getting o know you better in Lisa 's group. I really loved you needle felted family portrait. I also saw another pretty one on our shelf. Do you do tutorials? I love wet felted but us learn to needle felt like you.

I also liked that you said you were shy. I am a huge introvert but one would never notice that on the Internet. Hah!

See you at Lisa's, Nicole